By: Emma MacKinlay and Jonathan Rodriguez
Even though Valentine’s Day is on a Monday this year and there may or may not be in-person dining, we have compiled a list of some restaurants in the Charlottetown region to take your loved ones or friends out for a treat.
1. Mr. Sushi Inc: 132 Great George St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4K6
- A delicious restaurant with a specialty in sushi, prices are right for students on a budget. This is a great location for a lowkey date with a sushi enthusiast. There are take-out and dine-in options to be flexible with every accommodation.
2. The Pilot House: 70 Grafton St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 1K7
- A more traditional restaurant, The Pilot House offers some of the best seafood chowders I have ever had in my life. Their menu is filled with some tastiest meals and some traditional PEI infusions. The Pilot House offers dine-in and take-out options.
3. Brickhouse Kitchen and Bar: 125 Sydney St, Charlottetown, PE CIA 1G5
- The Brickhouse has been around since the 1800s, they offer comfort foods and a cocktail lounge for any occasion. This would be a great location to take a special someone for a very special Valentine’s. They offer dine-in and take-out.
4. The Jollof House: Ghanaian take out at 517 North River Road
- This restaurant is relatively new and offers a change of pace to PEI in terms of cultural taste from other parts of the world. This Ghanian restaurant only offers takeout at the time which is very convenient if you want a delicious meal to enjoy on the go. Due to the rise in international students at UPEI, this is an amazing place to interact with one of the few African restaurants from another member of the student body. The signature dish is the Jollof rice with chicken and salad which is, in our opinion, one of the best-seasoned dishes ever.
5. Haru KBBQ 58 Grafton St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 1K7
- The last spot on our list is another international flavor from South Korea this time. Usually, Korean Barbeque is cooked right at the table in front of you, but due to Covid and fire hazards, Haru brings out precooked Korean flavors right to your table.